Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, April 18, 2011

Sorry guys!

I suppose I should actually tell you about that picture I posted! This last week was a little crazy and I forgot!
So! Last Monday night! I made those sirloins with twice baked potatoes and sauteed mushrooms.  For Christmas, Bryan got a bunch of Omaha steak products from his parents.  We only took half at first because our fridge is a little full.  We took hamburgers, sirloins and their twice baked potatoes.  The potatoes bit the dust pretty fast because we kept forgetting to defrost the steaks, so we used them with other things. Then we were told our other stuff would get eaten if we didn't take it soon! So we had to get eatin'! The steaks were so easy! We have a grill pan, so I just seasoned them really simply, with garlic salt and black pepper and cooked them in the pan.
The twice baked potatoes were so easy too! I heated the oven to 400 degrees and placed the potatoes right on the racks for 30 minutes.  Then I took them out using an oven mitt and used a fork to poke a few holes in the potatoes then I put them back in the oven, on the rack for 30 more minutes.  I took the potatoes out and turned the oven down to 350.  While the potatoes were cooking, I cooked up a few slices of fresh bacon to mix in the potato. (Sorry, we weren't exactly thinking low-cal, but you can of course use low fat versions of anything in the potato, and add just as much or as little as you would like) Then I sliced off the top of the potatoes, and scooped out the middle, leaving just enough to make a sturdy shell, and put it in a bowl . I seasoned the shell with salt and pepper and placed them on a cookie sheet I lined with foil.  I mixed in grated cheese, butter, sour cream and the bacon in with the scooped out insides and then stuffed it back into the shells filling them up with a little extra to make a mound on top.  I topped it with a little more cheese and then put them in the oven for about 20 more minutes.
While the potatoes were back in the oven for the last time, I sauteed up the mushrooms the same as last time, but I sliced the mushrooms, so there were more to go around.
Yum! Everything was so delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment