Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

So, I have to admit, I'm having trouble keeping up with this whole blogging thing.  I still haven't figured out if I'm blogging just about cooking, or food, or eating. But I want to be better, I promise!
So, I'm so obsessed with Fresh & Easy.  They're food is such good quality. They have the best pre-made food to just reheat.  But they also have really delicious pre-prepped food. Like pork tenderloin thats marinated or fajitas with marinated steak and chopped up veggies.  Last night we tried their Chicken Florentine. It was a boneless, skinless chicken breast stuffed with cheese, spinach and red bell peppers.  All I had to do was plop it on a baking sheet and stick it in the oven for 30 minutes at 375.  It got me thinking that it would probably be pretty simple to stuff my own chicken with whatever I fancied.  The Florentine was pretty good, but not as cheesy and flavorful as I thought it would be. I also like my chicken to get a pretty good brown on it, but since it was only baked, it was a little hard to get it just right.  I think I'm going to play with the idea of making different kinds of stuffed chicken...I'll let you know how it goes.
With it, I kept it pretty simple.  The chicken breasts were big, and also stuffed with goodies, (and for once I wasn't in the mood for potatoes) so I sauteed up some baby portabello mushrooms.  They were delicious! I just threw them in a pan with some olive oil, garlic salt, pepper and a dash of worcestershire sauce. (What a weird word!!) I thought about throwing some big portabellos on the grill pan, but I thought I would be able to get more flavor out of the babies.
It was a light and easy dinner that gave me some great ideas.  I hope something comes of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment