Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Flavored Popcorn!

I know I've been MIA again.  I hadn't been cooking too much and then I got sick and the only thing I was doing was microwaving soup.  I tried to make soft pretzels on Sunday, but I failed so I'll share all about that when I try again tomorrow.  But no meals lately.  Today I was in need of a salty snack and decided on popcorn.  Then at the last minute I decided to spice it up a bit so I added some lemon pepper.
Sometimes I try to make homemade popcorn on the stove but I haven't figured out how to get it just right yet.  The directions seem super easy, 1-3 tablespoons of oil, 1/4 cup popcorn kernels.  Heat the oil on the stove in a big pot and while its heating up throw a kernel or two into the pot.  Heat the oil until the kernels pop then pour in the rest and cover the pot, leaving a crack to let the steam out.  Shake the pot over the stove until you hear 1-2 seconds between pops.
I can never seem to get the right amount of oil, or maybe the pot isn't big enough and I can't ever find the right lid for the pot I pick...so, most of the time, I still stick to microwave because it never fails!
Sometimes, regular old popcorn doesn't cut it and you have to mix it up sometimes! And there are so many great options for something a little different!  My go-to choice is always just a little garlic salt.  Sometimes seasoned salt.  You can do a little shaved chocolate, if you like that sweet and salty combo. It's always fun to try something new!
I'm snacking now and it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment