Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

to blog or not to blog? everyday that is..

I've been going back and forth about how I want to go about writing this blog.  Do I want to blog whenever I feel the need? Or only when I cook something? I've decided to go with, whenever I feel the need....

I really love potatoes. I think I could eat them everyday. Mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, french fries.  You name it.  I don't know how to cook potatoes very many ways, but I do make a mean roasted potato.  I think it might be my favorite side dish.   They are super easy and so delicious! I made them on Monday, using some of the russet potatoes I had leftover from the mashed potatoes I made last week. Usually I like to use smaller white or yellow potatoes that I get from Fresh & Easy, but last week I was shopping at Target and the big bag of russets was just so cheap! I couldn't pass it up!
Anyways, roasted potatoes! They're made pretty similarly to the cauliflower. I cut the potatoes into 2 inch pieces. In a large bowl, I mix enough olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and thyme leaves (dried or fresh) to fully coat the potatoes.  I then bake them at 400 for about 45 minutes flipping them every 15 minutes until they are golden brown.  Although, I like mine a little crispy so I usually bake them a little longer.
Yum, now I want some roasted potatoes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment