Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Clearly, I suck at this blogging thing.  I guess we also haven't been cooking as much lately.  This week, on Tuesday, Bryan's mom and brother came over for dinner.  Usually we go there, but we thought we would mix things up a bit.  I've never made dinner for them before, so I was really excited.  Since it was Tuesday, I decided to make chicken tacos! They are super easy, and equally delicious.  We love chicken, and cook with it a lot.  We shop at fresh and easy and they sell chicken escalopes, which is just chicken breasts cut in half.  I love cooking with these because the chicken is much thinner so it doesn't take as long to cook all the way through and at the same time you can still get a good brown on the out side.  I seasoned the chicken with fajita seasoning and cooked it on a grill pan on the stove.  Beforehand, I cut up all the toppings and put them aside.  We like to keep it pretty simple, tomatoes,lettuce, avocado when its in season (my favorite!) and sour cream and cheese. After the chicken is cooked through, I use a fork to shred it, rather than chopping it.  Its easier to make tacos with and it also seems to yield a lot more chicken.
Sometimes if we're looking for a little more flavor, after I cook the chicken I stick in in a frying pan and add some salsa and shredded cheese.  I heat it up until all of the cheese it melted and the chicken is coated in this deliciousness :)
Then we heat the tortillas, fill 'em up and enjoy!

I'll try to be better about blogging....I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment